This Sunday and Monday brings a quick trip to Perth where I get to work with The Western Australian Secondary Teaching Administrators’ Association. It’s a particular honour to share my thinking here because the audience are Level 3 educators, meaning they are “exemplary teachers recognised and rewarded for their exceptional teaching practices.” I’ll present a variation of the keynote I’ve been doing this year with particular focus on the pedagogical / practice frameworks in Next Era Ed.
One thing I may gloss over too frequently, I will focus more attention on with this audience. Here’s a list of the predictable outcomes embedded in my Edge-ucators Way and CEQ•ALL approaches.
Those who know my work are aware that these bullet lists derive from Self-Determination Theory, Cultures of Thinking, Habits of Mind, Flow Theory, Grit and Authentic Happiness.
All of which get integrated through the new Classroom Routines of the Edge-ucators Way and the Seld-managed Learning Process of CEQ•LL
Look to Learn : : Learn to Look
- Which is the Real China? (taggalaxy)
- Nuclear Giving (PSA)
- Chris Jordan (Visual Arts)
- There’s Data in them ther Kids (political cartoon)
- The Global Rich List (interactive site)
- Miniature Earth (video analogy)
- VisionShift: Whose Future? (1994 Internet promo)
- “I Can” (TEDx)
- Look to Learn – overview
- Look to Learn Web site
- Look to Learn Sample Prompts
- Thinking Routines from the Visible Thinking team at Harvard
The ClassPortal Twist
- Child Slave Labor News (see also “Slavery Footprint“)
- PodKids Australia
- Possible Topics?
- Brainstorm your passions
- Contribute to Wikipedia? – Simple English Wikipedia on China vs. regular China page
- Change.org: Social Network For Social Activism
- OXFAM – Reshaping our World – Poverty Maps (+ Complete Story Library from OXFAM)
- Idea Index from the Buckminster Fuller Challenge
- The Girl who Silenced the U.N. for Five Minutes
- End Homelessness
- 10 Revolutionary Acts of Courage by Ordinary People
- 50 Items That Should Change the World
C E Q • A LL / Seek all!
Self-managed Learning Framework for students
- Overview / Rationale
- Profiles (pdf)
- Rubric (pdf)
Resources for Creating Your Smart Online Space
- Complete 2 Day Workshop Handouts
- Get a WordPress Blog
- Change the theme
- Make a Post
- Embed YouTube (remember &rel=0)
- Try TubeChop.com
- Get Firefox for extensions like the video downloader?
- Embed all kinds of media in WordPress (maps, images, documents or polls?)
- A practice post with embeds
- Download the Web 2 Tools Overview handout
- Copy and Paste the Tools Panel into a page for your site
- Choose from different Web 2 icons
- Go to Tom’s full workshop site