On Monday I’m presenting Day One of a conference for primary principals from the Outer North Western area of Melbourne. The task for the day is to inspire — to bedazzle — these leaders with how ICTs can excite learning for themselves, their teachers and students.
Although we will explore plenty of dazzling ICTs, my goal is to do more. I hope to empower participants with a customisable roadmap, one where they use the exciting aspects of technology to promote a sustainable culture of Real, Rich and Relevant learning in their schools.
Let’s begin with sharing vision our challenges and goals by getting input via
My unhidden agenda is that technology needs to do more than “sex-up” traditional lessons. Here are examples of how an educator frames a task so that it inspires students to stretch to their best.
What is Dazzling?
- It’s an expression of the Joy of Learning
- It’s what’s called for by governments & business
- It makes online access more than amusing ourselves to death
- It produces better retention of information and promotes higher order thinking, superior outright performance and psychological wellness.
Here are examples:
- PodKids Australia
- Mabryonline.org – Dr Tim Tyson
- First Grade Fun
- Mrs Hossack’s First Graders
- Phillip Island Class Blog
- What are ClassPortals? – Intro Chapter and possible topics
Share your ideas on Stixy
How do we Nurture this?
Look to Learn
- What is the Look to Learn activity?
- Man is no island
- Miniature Earth
- “I Can”
- Nuclear Giving
- The Global Rich List
- The Look to Learn Site and Bookmark List
- Looking Prompts and “TubePrompter”