Welcome Back to Day 2!
Today we have three main objectives:
- Get a clear experience / understanding of the Group Transformation phases from the Day 1 WebQuest.
- Draft a WebQuest on a topic of your own choosing.
- Make sure you have the platform & digital resources to develop the draft WebQuest.
Activity 1 – Revisiting the Group Process
To make sure you have a successful experience from the inside of a group transformation process, I’ve revised the task into this handout: School 3.0 WebQuest Group Task. Let’s do this as a warm-up and then debrief.
Extra Inspiration for current models?
- Chris Jordan’s Starry Night
- The Internet
- Color Names
- The United States of Fiber
- Binary Keyhole
- The Web
- Food Pyramid’s multi-dimensionality
Sampler of Group Process Tasks Tom’s Used
- Searching for China
- The Tuskegee Tragedy
- The Big Wide World
- Crool Zone
- Freedom Fighter or Terrorist? (doc)
Activity 2 – Drafting Your WebQuest
Use the handout from Day 1: Designing a WebQuest. Focusing on page 2, brainstorm the big pieces of the WebQuest you could develop. At this stage you want to see the overall construct because once you start developing it, it’s easy to get stuck into a “timesuck” or bogged into details and surfing. Let’s keep our heads-up and think “Big Picture” or you will realise the truth behind every WebQuest (it can expand to include the universe of thinking and topics).
Topics and Questions – EtherPad Brainstorming?
Building / Enriching Your Smart Online Space
- Get a WordPress Blog?
- Change the theme
- Make a Post
- Embed YouTube (remember &rel=0)
- Get Firefox for extensions like the video downloader?
- Embed all kinds of media in WordPress (maps, images, documents or polls?)
- A practice post with embeds
Developing Your WebQuest
Gather Resources & Perspectives
- Quick TagGalaxy search?
- Consider Diigo Groups?
- Create a RSS Feeds page (sample) for the topic (Add Netvibes tutorial)
- Search for RSS Feeds
- Google Country Codes for Searches by Nation
- iTunes Podcasts (embed a Podcast)
- Browse TED A-Z (Themes) and Tags
- Thesis Builder – to generate thesis statements and essay outlines
- + similar tools for Analysis, Cause & Effect, Comparison / Contrast
- Intel’s Thinking Tools (sample Ranking Tool)
- Designing an Infographic
- Mind42, MindMeister
Develop your WebQuest to share a solid draft on October 13.