What a Great Big Day Out!
The Brisbane Catholic Education Teacher Librarians have organised their “Big Day Out” conference during this Catholic Education Week. Over a hundred TLs will gather to explore the BCE’s new Life Learning Management System, the Overdrive digital library system as well as unpack my Next Era Education. After a keynote, I have the great opportunity to meet with all attendees in 40 minute sessions to follow-up on helping the ideas take root in each TLs home soil.
While we get ready, how about going to this Etherpad page to brainstorm the Challenges you face and ideas and questions that might arise.
As per usual, here are helpful links:
- Self-Determination Theory
- Cultures of Thinking, Habits of Mind
- Flow Theory, Grit
- Authentic Happiness.
Look to Learn
- Online Samples by K-12 / KLA
- Look to Learn – overview
- Look to Learn Web site
- Look to Learn Sample Prompts
- Look to Learn RSS Feeds on Netvibes
- Diigo Look to Learn Links
- Thinking Routines from the Visible Thinking team at Harvard
The Tumblr Twist
To “Work the Web” for education, we need a flexible space that empowers us to easily work with rich media. Our first stop will be Tumblr.
Full Tumblr Tutorial page – new!
- Child Slave Labor News (see also “Slavery Footprint“)
- PodKids Australia
- Possible Topics?
- Brainstorm your passions (Stixy)
For Ideas & Inspiration
- OXFAM – Reshaping our World – Poverty Maps
- Idea Index from the Buckminster Fuller Challenge
- The Girl who Silenced the U.N. for Five Minutes
- Online Fundraising Efforts at Razoo
- 50 Items That Should Change the World
C E Q • A LL / Seek all!
Self-managed Learning Framework for students
- Overview / Rationale
- Profiles (pdf)
- Rubric (pdf)