Thursday, 8 April 2010 4:00 – 5:30 in room 207
Use Typewith.me to post questions, interests, issues, etc.
Here’s the Workshop blurb: This session follows on from the keynote “It’s broke, so fix it” and details the main strategies discussed. Find out how Web 2.0 tools and rich media can be integrated into a research based framework that finally makes the shift from teacher-directed to student-managed learning that spans a student’s school years and results in greater achievement and preparation for their futures.
Take a targeted Self-assessment for skills related to the strategies below: Digital Learning Skills List Checklist (doc)
Here’s a snapshot Roadmap for integrating Web 2 tools into these three strategies.
Look to Learn
- Core Activity Format #1: Look to Learn Overview
- Explore Look to Learn activities to develop a personal conception of it.
- Set-up Diigo: get the toolbar and login (also request an Educator account)
- Explore the Look to Learn Diigo Group and consider joining
- Explore and contribute new Thinking Prompts
- Choose your platform and create 1 Look to Learn Activity.
- Great “ClassBlog“, more profound “ClassPortal“
- Look over more info and inspiration
- Chapter 1 of ClassPortals for an overview and ideas (pdf)
- Get a WordPress blog?
- Add Pageflakes for Core Feeds on your topic
- Develop your ClassPortal’s “Focus” (over time and with lots of student initiative)
- Produce content (Podcasts, Videos / YouTube Channel, VoiceThread, Dipity timelines, Flickr streams, etc.)
- Use the CEQ-ALL (“seek all”) – personal learning framework for students (download)
A New Take
- WebQuest 2.0 Website
- Tom’s Current WebQuest 2.0 Process (pdf)
- Use the article above and the Designing a WebQuest 2.0 (doc) and the links below as a guide.
- Tom’s Educational Leadership rant about Real WebQuests
- Revisiting WebQuests in a Web 2 World
- Bernie weighing in on “Real WebQuests”
- Bernie’s Original WebQuest Structure
- The World’s first public “WebQuest” (not)
- Tom’s Filamentality / Web-and-Flow Modifications (template)