Three Ice-breaking Activities
Why Use Technology?
- Look to Learn: Whose Future?
- Pedagogies for authentic learning: Intrinsic motivation & critical thinking
Playing with Web 2 Tools
- Glogster (edu version)
- VoiceThread (+ 17 Ways)
- Taggalaxy.com / Cooliris.com
- Share your discoveries in this discussion
Scootle download registration (Scootle link)
Finding Links through Social Bookmarking
- Social Bookmarking explained by Common Craft
- What is Diigo?
- Diigo Education sign-up
- Download Diigo Toolbar
- Join the Diigo Early Years Group
Start bookmarking to the Group!
Use the links below to find the best sites for your early years students and then save them to our group
- Skills across year levels
- BBC’s Early Years Links
- BBC’s CBeeBies Home
- Sesame Street Games
- ABC – Children
- ABC’s Count Us In
- ABC’s Dust Echoes Stories
- Literacy Center – Play and Learn
- PBS Kids
- Teachers TV – Early Years
Class RSS Feeds
Examples of Class Blogs
- Manaia Kindergarten Blog New Zealand
- KinderKids’ Blog
- Tutorials: Get a WordPress Blog and Add a Post to a Blog
Podcasting & Audio
- Radio Willow Web – First Grade “Blast Off”
- Large Collection of Fairytales read online
- PodKids (Australia)
Learning Strategy #1 – Look to Learn
Helpful Pedagogy Documents
- 1-2-3 Pyramid RoadMap (pdf)
- 3 ICT Skills Levels (doc)
- CEQ-ALL Rubric (pdf)
- Handout with Web 2 and other resources (pdf)
Look to Learn – Featuring one of our own!
1 thought on “Early Years”
Debrief after Day 1:
Re-publish L2L with Rene
Send email and point to poll to get feedback.
Use the survey questions from AISV to find out if needs are being met and areas of interest (focus on Voicethread, podcasts, etc.).
Re-group on Diigo with an email / Webpage tutorial so that all are members of the Early Years Diigo group (to benefit from shared bookmarking).
Day 2 can begin with surfing / bookmarking if many have not used the Diigo group. Also, review use of Scootle.
Main aspect of Day 2 can be Pageflakes and setting up a blog / IWB launchpad.