Choose any or all the challenges below!
- Make a sentence using words from above.
- Click on the words above or this link so that they make sense!
- See, isn’t that better? (made with Wordle)
- Guess at a feeling that is behind this strange poem.
Watch the video below.
- What sense can you make of the words or feeling now?
- Why would people write a “nonsense poem?”
- Hint: Can the words you choose really explain emotions you may be feeling? Try it. Choose an emotion and write two sentences:
- a serious sentence describing the emotion.
- a “nonsenstence” (nonsense sentence) that gives a feeling without clearly saying words we all know.
New Wild Things
- Listen and watch the Story
- What emotions do you think Maurice Sendak is bringing up in Where the Wild Things Are?
- Write a sentence about what Max is feeling.
- Why do you think Max visits Monsters? Why not angels? clowns? giraffes?
Do you want to Watch the Trailer on YouTube
- About Maurice Sendak
- Wikipedia on Where the Wild things Are
- Sendak’s advice to children
- Sendak’s advice to parents
- Movie homepage
- Flip through the book The Boy and the Monster
- If you wrote a book with Monsters in it, what kind would they be?
- What emotions would you include in your story?
- Do you want to take a turn publishing your own book with Tikatok?