School Safety WebQuest
Teenagers & Children
How would Teenagers & Children feel about violence at schools? Your job is to understand this perspective, to become an expert at what all different kinds of students would think and feel about schools and violence.
You may choose to make up your own questions or use those provided.
- What is life like for teenagers? What social influences do they face? How are they affected by developmental changes related to adolescence?
- What complaints might students have about schools? What complaints seem fair to you and which are not accurate? How might schools be changed to better serve all students and to create a safe environment?
- What is bullying? Who does it? Who are the victims? How can it be stopped?
- Are guns and bombs to blame for school violence? Who is responsible for the violence and who are the victims? Consider those who might wear trenchcoats as well as those in charge of the schools.
- What is life like for children? How about in other parts of the world? What about during previous eras?
Your answers to these questions should help you take a position on the main question(s) listed below. Remember, your answers should reflect what Teenagers and Children would think and feel:
Use the links below to find answers. If you think you need more site to review, use the extensive Topic Hotlist and broaden your search.
Why all this violence in schools?!!
In other words...
- Why does it happen?
- Who is responsible?
- How can we stop it?
- How does all this relate to the world outside the school gates?