I’m really looking forward to a long-term relationship with the Horizon International Bilingual School in Vietnam. On Monday, 1 August we will work together withe staff from both the Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh campuses.
This Web page will provide links to some of the activities and resources we will be using.
Activity #1 – What does great learning feel like?
- Guided Activity
- Your Feedback on Great Learning and Wordsift.org
- What did you learn?
- Whole-school Brainstorm → Possible Criteria
- Example: “Cambridge Learners”
- HIBS Mission, Vision and Philosophy – as a shared, editable document
- Task Team: Define criteria and descriptors for “Successful HIBS Students”
Activity #2 – Demonstration – Curriculum Design and Mapping in Edumate
- I will move through how the Curriculum Design Module works to support what matters most to HIBS
- Then relate this to the Learning Alignment System and review Scope & Sequence and Curriculum Portet
Activity #3 – Presentation and Review Teams
- Team 1: Pre-loaded “School Strategies” – Download here and list any “Main Initiatives” you like
- Team 2: Current HIBS Best Practice
- Team 3: Brainstorm Promising Learning Frameworks
- Whole school Review of three teams’ learning
- Task Team: Define a draft of the core unit template
Activity #4 – an Overview of Edumate
- Quick Tour:
- Dashboard & Portal
- Attendance and Learning Observations
- Learning Tasks and Markbook
- Academic Reports
- Student and Parent Portals
- “Closing the Loop” for continuous Improvement
- Staying focused on the journey