Education Technology Solutions has published online the full version of an article of mine they are publishing over two issues. Schools: Invent The Next Era Of Education is the best source for the complete view of my “Next Era Ed” model with directional questions for each:
- Vision – is it articulated and shared?
- Evidence – exactly what does achievement of the vision look like?
- Learning theories – are research-based pedagogical models that promote such student achievements used?
- Curriculum 2.0 – are units designed to leverage the pedagogical models and personalise ICTs?
- Review – has a systemic review process that ‘closes the loop’ for continuous improvement been embedded?
- Smart digital environments – are technologies being used to increase efficiencies and enliven Curriculum 2.0 as well as tap into data analytics to support systemic review?
Please read the article to see how a school you might know might be shifting from “mass produced teaching to personally meaningful learning.” Here’s the model graphic to help your reflection. All feedback is always welcome!