I’m delighted to have a whole day to work with the staff of Mater Maria College in the northern beaches area of Sydney.
Here’s a set of materials to guide what you do.
I’m still convinced that for a school to successfully implement digital learning four conditions must be addressed. They are:
- a place to meet online
- a set of Rich Routines to do once they are there
- a longer process that develops a renewed understanding of Curriculum – shifting from seat time and product to mastery and performance.
- finally, a framework that shifts the ownership and management of learning to students (where is has always belonged)
- Get a WordPress Blog
- Modify the Blog’s Appearance
- Settings for success
- Making a Post – embedding YouTube
- Creating a Page
Rich Online Routines and Examples
All learners (children and adults) come with a range of abilities and experiences. They progress at different rates. This truth is one that the Industrial model to schooling has been struggling with for a century. Fortunately, in the digital era, this limitation doesn’t exist. 1:1 learners can and do progress at individual paces. What we need are new classroom routines – beyond “chalk and talk” – that nurture and support individuals to achieve their potential. The “Edge-ucators Way” is a platform for helping students and teachers move in this direction.
Look to Learn:
- What is the Look to Learn activity?
- 1984, Nuclear Giving, The Global Rich List
- The Look to Learn Site and Bookmark List
- What are ClassPortals? – Intro Chapter and possible topics
- Sample Template (with Pageflakes Feeds, Diigo Group, Web 2 Tools panel)
- PodKids Australia
- Holocaust Literature
- Digital Citizens
- Modern Fairy Tales
- Phillip Island
- Tom’s WebQuests Page
- What WebQuests are (Really)
- examples: Searching for China, DebtQuest, Freedom Fighter or Terrorist? (+ doc worksheet)